We will be looking into lossless image compression online tools, namely Compressor.io and Vance AI's Image Compressor, and comparing them based on how they convert image size and quality. Image compression is increasingly important nowadays due to the need of faster loading websites and efficient storage needs overall.
Compressor.io is one of the compress.io websites that automatically adjusts image size according to the user while maintaining its quality. However, it does offer different types of conversions which includes lossy and lossless both. Furthermore, Compressor.io supports multiple file formats such as JPG, PNG, SVG, WEBP, etc.
1. Click on Compressor.io to reach the website where you can convert image size automatically.
2. You can select the type of conversion from the tab situated on the right hand side. Lossy indicates more compression with less quality whereas lossless will compress less but save quality. Click on Select Files.
3. The details of your image will appear just below the tab. Click on Download All to save the image or images from Compressor.io.
1. Use this link to access the tool online and once you see the page, click on Upload Image. You can also drop images directly.
2. The application will process your image under the Processing tab open in the Workspace.
3. Go to Processed and use the Download option on the right of the image to save the image. Also read: How to Reduce Image File Size with Vance AI Image Compressor.
Though Compressor.io offers more features such as the options to choose the type of compression you want, Vance AI offers better performance. Apart from that, if you purchase the Vance AI subscription, you can make use of batch processing and a bunch of other features not present in Compressor.io.
Also read: Find out about the Best Tools to Compress JPEG.
When it comes to which tool supports more file formats, Compressor.io is the answer as it is compatible with not just JPG and PNG, but also with SVG, GIF, WEBP, etc file formats. Though you shouldn’t have much issue with Vance AI's image compressor, which supports JPG and PNG, since they are the mainstream formats, you can use Compressor.io if you come across an odd format.
Compressor.io does not mention the credits it offers for free though it has a paid version that costs a minimum of $50 per year for one user. The AI Image Compressor offers 100 credits when it comes to compressing images only. Additionally, every free user is reimbursed with credits each month so you can keep using the free version for a long time.
Both tools do not offer much for editing features unless paid for. If you have the Pro version of Compressor.io, you can set the width and height of the image beforehand. You can also set the image quality if the image is JPG, PNG, or WEBP. Now, although Vance AI Image Compressor does not offer much, you can make use of other Vance AI tools such as the image enlarger, photo colorizer, image sharpener, and more. Overall, there are more options with Vance AI.
Image compressing is essential for storage space saving and increasing load times for websites and similar pages. While both of these tools offer great results, the final decision boils down to user preferences and needs. Vance AI offers better quality with more features through other Vance AI tools whereas Compressor.io has better compatibility.