While it is a common task to enhance photo and have many great tools such as VanceAI for it, there’s also a need for image pixelator applications. Pixelation, in many ways, is the opposite process of the usual image enhancement, which involves making an image clearer. One of the most common reasons to pixelate an image or at least pixelate part of an image is for privacy. With an image pixelator tool, you can cover a particular object in a picture, such as faces. You can also create 8-bit art by using image pixelator applications or do a complete makeover of existing art. We will go through the 5 best image pixelator applications and show you how to pixelate an image with these tools.
Price: You can pixelate image for free with this online image editing and enhancement application.
PineTools is a really simple application to use, especially for beginners. Moreover, this application also offers a bunch of other image editing features that you can use easily with just a click. Similar to VanceAI, you can enhance your images in multiple ways without spending too much time on any particular tool. When it comes to pixelating images, you can set the pixel block size with the bar given on the website.
1. Use the link given in the header to access the application online. Use the upload button to select an image from your device for upload.
2. You can use the slider on the right to set the pixel block size. Click on Pixelate below to start the processing.
3. After the image is displayed, use the download options to save the image.
Price: This image pixelator is absolutely free to use for all users and requires no downloads, account creation, or ads whatsoever.
This is another simple online image manipulation tool that can pixelate image with ease. With this tool, you can pixelate parts of the image too, instead of the standard full image pixelation. So, you can see how to pixelate part of an image in the section below. Other than that, this application has other features too that aid in image enhancement just like an image enhancer, which you can use.
1. Click on the link above and access the website. Once there, use the grey image upload box to upload an image.
2. Under the image pixelator options box, you can set the pixel size and its position. Set the position according to where exactly you want to pixelate image.
3. Use the Save As option on the blue box to save the image.
Price: You can definitely use LunaPic for absolutely free and not worry about any downloads or account creation.
LunaPic is one of the most comprehensive online image editing tools that you will find. With this tool, you can not only pixelate images, but also depixelate them, enlarge them, edit them, and more. The advantage of using tools such as this and VanceAI JPEG Artifact Remover is that you can pixelate and depixelate images, giving you a range of options to choose from.
1. The link above will take you to the pixelation tool of LunaPic directly. Use the upload options to upload an image there.
2. Set the Pixel Size and click on Apply to start processing the image.
3. Right-click on the image after it has been processed and save it on your device.
Price: This image pixelator application online is free for everyone to use.
This application, as suggested by the name, is more a specialized tool when compared to other image pixelator tools such as LunaPic or PineTools. This tool is specifically used for altering portraits or faces with pixels or blurs. You can also just add a color block to the face to enable privacy. Additionally, you can also do a bit of image editing with this application’s cropping tool. It is simple to use and automatic.
1. When you reach the website, first select the Pixelize button and drop an image where prompted.
2. You can click on Manual to set your own pixel size and other details.
3. Click on Save Image below to download your image. You will find it in your Downloads folder.
Price: This is a free-to-use online application for image editing and enhancement.
This online application is similar to OnlineImageTools as it also features a list of features that you can use for image editing, such as cropping, inverting, sharpening, and more. When it comes to image pixelation, you can do it simply by uploading a picture and setting the pixel block size with a slide bar. It can process images relatively quickly and offer decent results.
1. Once you reach the website, use the Select Image button to select and upload an image.
2. You can use the block size bar below to set the pixel size for the image. Click on Pixelate Image and the tool will process the image and display output shortly.
3. Use the download options to save your image.
With these tools, you can easily pixelate images without having to worry about costs or additional downloads. Moreover, tools such as VanceAI, LunaPic, and PineTools offer more features that you can use to enhance your images further, such as basic editing tools, enlarging images, etc.
Also read: How to Depixelate Image with AI in 3 Steps
You can launch the Photoshop software and open your image there. After that, you will need to go to Filters and select the Convert for Smart Filters option. This will allow you to pixelate image. You will need to go to Filters again and choose Mosaic from the Pixelate option. Select the level of pixelation and start applying it to the image.
The process of pixelating images in Gimp is a bit similar to that in Photoshop. When it comes to Gimp, you can first launch the software and open the image. After that, you will need to access the Filters tab on top and go to Blur > Pixelate. Select the Preview box and start changing the settings. You will see the changes in the preview itself. Apply the changes and save the image.
You can use an application like OnlineImageTools given in the list to pixelate part of an image easily. The tool allows you to select specific parts of an image wherein you want to apply the pixelation effect. You can select the axis positions before you start processing the image. When it comes to Photoshop, use the Select Subject tool and mark the areas to pixelate.