SaaSworthy describes Photoaid as "a tool based on artificial intelligence (AI) and using the newest achievements of high technology." In other words, the Photoaid app is an image editing platform that makes use of AI technology to process and enhance images.
While the software is primarily known for its passport photo services, it also offers quite a few image editing tools online that can be beneficial to many types of users, such as designers and other professionals.
Some of the tools offered by the platform include an image enlarger, image cropper, background remover, and more. Whether you're a designer who needs higher quality images or a casual user who wants to apply minor adjustments to your photos, you will find this platform useful.
With that said, this Photoaid review will put Photoaid tools on the stage while discussing VanceAI.com, a Photoaid alternative.
Photoaid Image Enlarger
- AI Upscaling: The AI algorithms deployed by this tool manage to provide high quality images, especially with faces, at a consistent rate.
- Multiple Formats: With this tool, you can upload images with common formats, such as PNG and JPEG, but also WebP, which is not as common of a format for online tools.
- Big Size: When you upload an image on this tool, you can expect it to double in size. The Photoaid tool makes sure that all the dimensions of the image are doubled with high quality maintained as well.
- Established Tool: The Photoaid tool has been upscaling many types of images, and you can enlarge almost all kinds of images here without worry.
- The tool is pretty easy to use due to its simple UI design and responsive website.
- Photoaid is available on mobile devices as well, which adds to its accessibility for users.
- There are no additional features given to the image upscaling tool.
- It can only be 2x the size of your image, while other online tools can exceed that.
Alternative: VanceAI Image Upscaler
- User-friendly interface: The software features an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, making it easy for users to upscale their images without requiring specialized knowledge. The Workspace, for instance, is an excellent addition to UI design.
- High-quality output: The software is capable of producing high-quality upscaled images, regardless of the kind of images that are suitable for a range of purposes, including printing and publishing on the web.
- Batch processing: The software allows you to upscale multiple images at once if you have a Pro account, saving you time and effort.
How to use VanceAI Image Upscaler? (how-to steps; add a before-after processed image by VanceAI)
Step 1: To access the tool webpage, use the Image Upscaler link provided above. After reaching the webpage, click on the Upload Image button to enter the Workspace.
Step 2: VanceAI Enhancer Workspace includes various features, such as being able to choose the type of image you want to upscale. After uploading your image and customizing your preferences, select the Start to Process button.
Step 3: The processed image will appear on the screen within a few seconds. To download the image, click on the Download Image button.
Photoaid Photo Blurring Tool
- Adjustable blur strength: The software lets you adjust the level of blur applied to an image, giving you greater control over the final result.
- User-friendly interface: The software should have an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows you to easily navigate and use its features.
- Visual Creation: By being able to have control over the blurriness effect, it is possible to create visually appealing images through simple editing.
- The changes that you make are instantly reflected in the image shown on the right of the screen. This gives users a good idea about their output.
- It can be helpful to create blur-centric aesthetic images without having to get into complicated editing.
- It can use additional features, such as giving users the option to apply blur at certain spots of the image.
- This tool can only apply additional blur and can not be used to reduce the existing blur from an image.
Alternative: VanceAI Image Sharpener
- AI-powered sharpening: VanceAI Image Sharpener uses advanced AI algorithms to get rid of blurriness from images, resulting in sharper and clearer images that reflect better details along with colors.
- Blur Type: VanceAI Image Sharpener offers users the ability to choose the type of blur they want to reduce, such as motion blur, soft blur, and lens blur. This feature helps users to achieve the desired level of sharpness in their images and to correct specific types of blur that may be present.
- Fast Results: The AI algorithms of VanceAI work fast and actively to get you the best results as quickly as possible.
How to use VanceAI Image Sharpener? (how-to steps; add a before-after image)
Step 1: Click on the link given to access the website. From there, click on the Upload Image button to go to the Workspace.
Step 2: Inside the Workspace, you can choose the type of blur that you want to reduce, such as motion, lens, etc. Upload an image, choose the blur type, and click on Start to Process.
Step 3: The final image will be displayed on the screen in a few seconds. Use the Download Image button to save the image on your device.
Photoaid Colorize Photo Tool
- Customizable colorization: Users can manually add and adjust colors to the photo, providing more control and customization.
- Quick colorization: As you can see from the image above, the tool offers a bar which users can use to instantly add color to the image.
- Different Colorization: The tool does not colorize the photo itself, but instead adds colors on top of the image. This makes for a different kind of colorization.
- You can easily upload different images and keep testing the colorization tools on them.
- The tool is really easy to use and is responsive as well.
- The fact that it does not colorize the image itself can be a con for many users, as they usually look for proper colorization of images.
Alternative: VanceAI Photo Colorizer
- Automatic colorization: VanceAI Photo Colorizer uses AI algorithms to automatically add color to black and white or grayscale photos, saving time and effort for users.
- Realistic colorization: The tool can produce high-quality and realistic-looking colors that match the original color palette of the photo.
- Workflow: By using VanceAI's Workflow feature, users can use the Photo Colorizer in combination with other tools, such as the Photo Restorer. This enables you to repair old images and colorize them as well.
How to use VanceAI Photo Colorizer? (how-to steps; add a before-after image)
Step 1: Use the link given above to get access to the web page of the tool. Click on the Upload Image button next to move ahead.
Step 2: Once inside the Workspace, you can upload the image and set the preferences. After that, click on Start to Process.
Step 3: After that, the final image will appear on the screen in a few seconds. You can then hit the Download Image button to save the image.
Photoaid Background Remover
- Automatic background removal: The Photoaid background remover tool uses AI algorithms to automatically detect and remove the background from a photo.
- Wide Support: The background remover tool supports a variety of image file formats, such as PNG, WebP, etc.
- Quick Output: The tool is able to provide users with fairly accurate results within a few seconds of processing.
- Similar to other image editing tools from the platform, the background remover tool is free as well.
- The results maintain a good level of accuracy.
- It does not provide any other feature that could elevate the tool overall.
- Customizable background removal: Users can manually adjust the removal settings, including the focus of background removal, edge sharpness, etc. providing more control and customization.
- Background replacement: The tool allows users to replace the removed background with a new image or solid color. If not, users can also upload their own background image for replacement.
- High-quality results: The tool can produce high-quality and accurate background removal results, with fairly clean edges and fewer artifacts.
- Easy to use: VanceAI BGremover has an impeccable UI design, making it easy for users to upload photos and remove the background without having to put in effort.
How to use BGremover? (how-to steps; add a before-after image)
Step 1: Click on the link provided to access VanceAI BGremover. Then, choose the option to upload your desired image to the tool.
Step 2: After your image has been uploaded, you can select whether to remove the background from a human or an object. Then, click on the "Start to Process" button to begin the background removal process.
Step 3: You have the option to either download the resulting image or use the brush tool provided within the tool's Workspace to further edit the image.
Photoaid Photo Brightener
- Manual brightness adjustment: Users can manually adjust the brightness, contrast, exposure, and other settings to fine-tune the look of a photo.
- Enhancing the overall look of a photo: A photo brightener tool can improve the brightness and exposure of a photo, making it appear more vibrant and eye-catching.
- Underexposed photos: Photos that are underexposed, or too dark, can be difficult to see and appreciate. The photo brightener tool can correct the exposure levels, making the details in the photo more visible.
- All you need to do with this tool is use the slider bar to adjust the level of brightness of the image. It is instant and easy.
- It can help in making darker photos look better and reveal more details present in the frame.
- The use cases for this tool are limited as compared to other image enhancement tools from the platform.
Alternative: VanceAI Photo Retoucher
- Automatic enhancements: VanceAI Photo Retoucher uses AI algorithms to automatically analyze and enhance the quality of a photo, improving its brightness, contrast, sharpness, and other aspects.
- Background enhancement: The tool can also enhance the background of a photo, making it more vibrant and visually appealing.
- Combined Effect: VanceAI Photo Retoucher can upscale low-resolution photos without losing quality, by using it in combination with Image Upscaler through Workflow, making them suitable for printing or displaying on larger screens.
- It is capable of giving photos subtle yet powerful upgrades to their quality, which leads to stunning visuals.
- With the batch processing feature, you can enhance the quality of multiple important photos at once to use them online.
- Complex or larger sized images may take time to process.
Photoaid Photo Cropper
- Manual cropping: Users can manually select the area of the image that they want to crop using a crop tool or by dragging the crop box.
- Easy to use: Photoaid Image Cropper has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use for both beginners and advanced users.
- You can immediately get started with the cropping as soon as you upload the image. The web page is highly responsive.
- It is possible to manually adjust the cropping box, which enables users to get accurate results.
- It can offer more features or options to crop images, such as presets.
Alternative: VanceAI Image Cropper
- Preset sizes: VanceAI Image Cropper provides a range of preset sizes that are commonly used for different purposes, such as social media posts on various websites.
- Customizable cropping: Users can manually adjust the crop area by dragging the edges of the crop box or by selecting a preset aspect ratio.
- Resizing: Users can resize their images to a specific size or percentage of the original size.
- It provides both manual and automatic ways of cropping an image, which is highly accessible and advanced.
- The cropping feature is one of the many provided by the VanceAI Photo Editor tool. All features in it are accessible in just one click.
- A few buttons there can be a bit unresponsive.
Photoaid Photo Flipper
- Instant Flipping: The smart UI design of the tool keeps the display ready on the right hand side, as shown in the image. Users can simply click the options and see the changes in the image immediately.
- New Perspective: While flipping an image vertically may not be helpful for many cases, you can still flip an image horizontally to get a new look for portraits and similar photos.
- The image flipping tool is pretty responsive and presents all the options on the same page, making everything run smoother.
- The tool can probably join the rotating and other aspects together.
Alternative: VanceAI Image Flipper
- Integrated UI: The UI design feels highly integrated due to the image cropper, flipper, and more being part of the overall tool named VanceAI Photo Editor. Here, users can instantly use multiple tools easily.
- Multiple Edits: Due to the integrated approach, it is easier and smoother to edit an image in multiple ways.
- The efficient UI design of VanceAI is especially useful for these tools.
- The overall options can be increased for image flipping and more.
Photoaid Photo Rotator
- Speed: The tool is fast and efficient, able to rotate images quickly and without any significant loss of quality.
- Rotation angles: The image rotator tool allows you to rotate an image at various angles, such as 90 degrees, clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- The tool is easy to use and previews the resulting image quickly.
- It is made to be a different tool altogether, which is a bit inefficient.
Alternative: VanceAI Image Rotator
- Efficient Design: The image rotator is an integrated feature among many other minor editing tools that make image editing much easier and faster.
- Multiple Options: The tool allows you to rotate the image at 90 degrees but also in other ways by using the slider bar titled "Rotate".
- It has more options for image rotation and works smoothly.
- Can add a space where users can type the degree of rotation.
From all the cases that we saw in the examples above, it can be safely said Photoaid provides a smooth and easy to use platform for most users to do photo editing without having to worry about doing anything by themselves. The platform also has the added advantage of being available on mobile devices.
However, VanceAI is more than a Photoaid alternative, as it in fact ends up providing much more with each tool than its counterpart. Photoaid online is free to use while VanceAI costs at least $4.95 per month for continued use. However, the price is pretty justified considering how much it offers. Not to mention that VanceAI is available in different languages, with VanceAI JA, and on different platforms, with VanceAI PC.