Anime photos are really useful and popular images that we tend to use for profile pictures and covers for our various social media platforms. However, finding the ideal anime image can become time consuming and even difficult. A better alternative to that is to simply download the low resolution version of the image you want and upscale it. This saves a lot of time and gives you the ideal image in high quality. In this guide, we will take a look at four great anime upscaler applications that will give you the best anime image in seconds. Not to mention that such applications will also increase the resolution of your images, allowing you to use them as wallpapers or cover images as well.
Price: All users receive three image credits for free per month. The paid options start from as low as $4.99 per month for the annual plan, offering more credits and features.
VanceAI is an excellent image editing and enhancement tool to use in general because of its highly capable AI and Machine Learning algorithms infused in all of the tools that it offers. With this technology, you can expect to get amazing results within mere seconds. You can also make use of VanceAI’s other anime based tool, VansPortrait, to convert your own image to an anime equivalent. Overall, VanceAI offers most options to make anime photos.
- Advanced AI and Machine Learning algorithms used for all tools.
- VanceAI Workspace UI enables you to handle everything in one place.
- Users can enhance image quality without having to upscale.
The VanceAI Anime Upscaler provides really good results. The image has been upscaled twice its original size and the quality is not only maintained, it is enhanced. This image has many shades of blue and the new image manages to give each shade better definition compared to the previous one.
- One of the best UI designs for an online image editor.
- Offers multiple anime based tools to get creative.
- Provides good results in a short time.
- Limited free use.
- Anime Upscaler should be added to the software edition.
- Can provide sample images on Workspace.
Price: The Waifu2x online platform for anime image upscaling and enhancement is fully free to use for all users.
Waifu2x is a well-known online application for upscaling anime images in order to enable users to make profile photos and cover images. The application is pretty simple to use as it only requires users to upload an image and wait. The automatic process allows users to simply wait as the app processes the image and presents an output within seconds. Making use of VanceAI tech, the application can also provide users with other tools such as AI Photo Colorizer, AI Photo Cartoonizer, and more.
- Incorporates the Waifu2x technology in order to offer better results and polish the overall app.
- Simplistic and direct UI design allows users to easily understand the app and get results quicker.
- Offers image format compatibility for all the mainstream image types with a convenient resolution limit.
- Free to use plus sample images mean that users can test this app as much as they like.
Before processing the image, you can select if you want to remove blurs and more. This allows for a better defined image as you can see from the results above. The same options are available in VanceAI’s tool as well. Needless to say, the result is definitely a good one and pretty much does the job.
- Fully free to use app online.
- Offers good results quickly.
- Easy to use.
- No other features.
- Can be buggy.
- The webpage UI can be better.
Price: The Anime4K application is an open source and free to use project accessible from its GitHub page as linked above.
What this application brings to the table is slightly different from other applications listed. With Anime4K, you can enhance the quality of anime videos and clips. This project makes use of Convolutional Neural Networks, popularly used for many other visual mediums such as movies, and removes issues such as image noise from anime videos. Not to mention that you can enhance your anime videos all the way to 4K quality.
- Open source and real time upscaling program that enhances anime video content.
- Usage of advanced and well-tested algorithms such as Convolutional Neural Networks to ensure quality results.
The results are certainly visible. While the previous edition of the video had noticeable image noise, the program manages to clean them out pretty effortlessly. Additionally, the newer video also has better color fidelity and contrast as compared to earlier.
- Unique program that targets anime video content.
- Open source and free to use.
- Makes use of reliable algorithms to get results.
- No GUI based app ready yet.
- The page should offer more info.
Price: This online application offers its tool for free but you can purchase a subscription for more image credits and better features.
Big Jpg is an online application that also offers a good amount of accessibility, given that it is available on Windows platforms and also on mobile devices run by iOS and Android. When it comes to the performance, the app is decent there too. You can get results that are mostly up to the mark. You can make use of this app from anywhere, desktop and mobile.
- Mostly free to use with paid options offering extra features and credits for heavy use.
- Simple UI enabling users to get results with convenience and ease.
- Highly accessible tool that is available on Windows and mobile devices.
- Mostly free to use app.
- Really easy to use.
- Offers artwork options before processing.
- No other features.
- Takes too long to process images.
Finding the perfect anime wallpaper can be hard and time consuming. The best deal would be to simply get any image and improve it to the point that it is usable anywhere. Well, with applications such as VanceAI Anime Upscaler and others, you can do exactly that. Moreover, you can get anime images in 4K, so you never have to worry about any social media platforms and their requirements. The applications that are listed in this guide all use AI to some capacity, meaning that you don’t even have to spend more than a minute to get the perfect anime photo. If everything else fails, you can just take a selfie and convert it to an anime image with the VansPortrait application online for free. Just upload an image and select the Anime option.