Best 5 Photo Restoration Software Reviews
|Software||Price||Quality||Features||User Friendly (grades)|
|Photoshop||$9.90 per month||Comprehensive||Supports many image formats||Professionals|
|Luminar||$69.49 (permanent license)||Easy to use||Plug-in for other software||Beginner-friendly|
|PhotoWorks||Free or $19.25 annually||Precise||More than restoration||Good|
|Akvis||$49 (one-time buy)||Simple UI design||AI techniques, object removal||All users|
|Photophire||$49.99 (year), $79.99 (lifetime)||Automatic AI||Watermark remover, tutorials||Good|
Price: You can restore old photos to photoshop old photo restoration plugin at $9.90 per month or try a seven-day free trial first. Also, it offers customized packages for Individuals, Businesses, Education, and more.
Compatibility: The software has compatibility for Windows and macOS systems.
- Photoshop is arguably the most feature-heavy software out there for image editing of any kind.
- It has a comprehensive build.
- It is made for professionals and serious artists because of the plug-ins it offers.
- Supports many image file formats.
- One of the most popular applications.
How to use:
- Open your image in the app and create a duplicate layer of it.
- Under the Adjustments tab, use the Auto Color and similar tools to make edits on the image. You can also use Clone and Patch tools.
- Click on Filter and use the Reduce Noise for further enhancements.
- Save the image.
- Comprehensive features.
- Customer support and services.
- Can be a single application for all needs.
- Beginners will need time to learn it (see more easy-to-use AI tools in digital photo repair).
Price: This software famous as one of the best photo restoration software will cost around $69.49 for a permanent license supporting any one computer system. There are more packages for different kinds of users as well.
Compatibility: Luminar supports Windows and macOS systems. Apart from that, this application can be downloaded as software or attached as a plug-in.
- It can be used as a plug-in for the system or even applications such as Photoshop and more.
- It has wide support of image file formats, including RAW files.
- It is easy to understand software due to its design.
- Its features work on artificial intelligence-based algorithms hence automatic image processing.
How to use:
- Launch the app, upload the image, and go to the Tools drop-down menu.
- Use the toolbars present there, such as the Haze Remover, to change the unneeded details on the image.
- Go to File in order to save the image.
- Simple to use software.
- Good amount of photo restoration features.
- The paid option can be a bit too expensive.
Price: PhotoWorks can be used for free through a free download else you can choose any of its paid subscriptions. The Standard edition, for example, costs $19.25 annually.
Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows systems only but the support goes back to Windows XP and Vista too.
- More features than just the ones for photo restoration.
- Enhances images automatically thanks to its technology.
- Supports a wide range of image file formats including RAW and TIFF.
- Offers free upgrades when they arrive.
How to use:
- Launch the application and upload the photo.
- Go to the Retouch tab and select the appropriate tool size from the right.
- Add any filters if needed. Once done, save the image from the software.
- It offers precise old photo restoration software to work with.
- Good enough image file format support.
- Price is worth it.
- It does not work well on certain images.
Price: The software can be purchased as an alternative to photoshop old photo restoration plugin or a software application for $49 for a one-time buy and there are other paid options as well. You can also download a free trial version from the website.
Compatibility: Akvis supports Windows and MacOS systems.
- As one of best photo restoration software, it can be used as a photo restoration software and/or as a plugin.
- It has smart AI techniques that assist the user when dealing with photo restoration tasks and others.
- It is really good at removing unwanted objects from the image.
- Similar to Photoshop and other premier applications, Akvis has a library of tools that you can use and edit images from.
- The UI is designed for all kinds of users.
- Batch processing options are given.
How to use:
- Open the application and upload the image. From the toolbar on the left, select the first option.
- Hover over the image and mark the areas in the image that you need to change. Click on the arrow on the top right-hand side.
- After the changes take effect, save the current image.
- Simple UI design.
- Smart AI techniques for photo restoration.
- Does not offer much in features or options.
5. Wondershare Photophire
Price: Wondershare (similar to photoshop old photo restoration plugin), one of the best photo restoration software, offers a free trial of Photophire or you are welcome to purchase a year long subscription at $49.99 while the lifetime license costs $79.99.
Compatibility: It works on Windows and MacOS systems.
- Wondershare Photophire can remove unwanted details in your photo and replace them with similar textures using its AI-based algorithms.
- It also offers a watermark remover tool.
- Supports a wide range of image file formats, including 16 bit and 8 bit images.
- For comprehensive software, they have also provided built-in tutorials.
- Wondershare Photophire is one of the popular image editing applications and has good user support.
How to use:
- Launch Photophire and select the image to upload it there.
- Go to the Erase tab on the right-hand side. Use the drop-down menu.
- Use the brush to mark the unwanted areas and hit Erase.
- Save the image.
- Automatic and reliable AI technology for photo restoration.
- Support for new users.
- Supports multiple image file formats.
- The price is a bit too high.
Also read: Top 10 AI Photo Restoration Software and AI-Powered Tools Review in 2022.
All these are fully best photo restoration software that requires a long learning curve. Using this list, you can think about the pros and cons of each software and make a decision easily. At the same time, if you want to find an easier way to restore old photos, an AI-based tool like VanceAI Photo Restorer would be an ideal choice because its photo restoration online service may amaze you if you give it a try. Click to know more details about How to Cartoonize a Photo easily.